Album 3: Keep on Rocking My World
Track 9: Out of the Frying Pan
Release Date: 27 April 2014
- Finals are over for Fee, but she is preparing for her European vacation. The team, however, runs into her at a downtown bistro when meeting VanVeen for an important update.
- Capitol Investigations offices are nearly finished, but now the group needs to add a vault. They decided it would be most helpful to have a warded, secure place where Alex can perform her Voodoo rituals without risk of blacking out the whole building. Arrangements were made and the vault’s construction will be completed the first week in January, 2013.
- 11/26 Monday am – The group calls to strategize and organize their resources. Subjects discussed were:
- Eva has lost a piece of jewelry, precious to her, during the move. She asked if any had seen it. Nobody had. It has been missing, she guesses, since the day that Dune Investigations office was trashed.
- Michael’s meeting later in the day with the inspector, Peter Thrift.
- The installation of the new vault
- To dig deeper into what Spike and Stan are up to.
- While others are performing investigations, Michael sets up his Investigation Board, and Dylan constructs his conspiracy theory wall. At night, Dylan continues to keep surveillance on the abandoned auto service center, and confirms that the black van indeed is used to transport Neahr to and from his residence. They are convinced that Neahr uses secret tunnels beneath the streets to enter the club unnoticed, and away from the sun.
- 11/26 – Monday. Michael meets with inspector Peter Thrift, who informs him that the old inspector, Redd Santiago, has been fired. Thrift and Michael talk about Santiago’s corruption, which didn’t surprise Thrift at all. Michael makes a good contact in Thrift, which may come in useful in future investigations.
- 11/27 – Tuesday. Alex spends the day researching materials and spells which will aid in the construction of the new vault.
- 11/28 – Wednesday. Homicide detective Kevin Thompson and several heavily armed police enter Capitol Investigations with an arrest warrant for Eva Dune for the murder of Daniel Park (Spike).
- The rest of the day is spent with Eva and her Attorney, Frederick Burns of Toshi, Burns and Associates.
- Michael is allowed in on Eva’s interview.
- It seems there are several reliable witnesses who reported: “Eva confronted Spike. They argued and she lost her temper. She pushed him across the street with one blow, turned red and sprouted huge horns. She then proceeded to pummel him to a bloody pulp”.
- Eva denies that this happened, but does not have an alibi for her whereabouts during the attack which occurred Tuesday night around 11pm.
- Eva’s missing charm necklace was found at the scene, covered in Spike’s blood.
- Reginald Park III calls the team to his offices at Charnel House Records.
- He tells the group that his son was killed, and learned about this via phone call from the homicide detective, Thompson. He is outraged.
- The team tells him that Dune is the prime suspect, and that they believe she was framed.
- Park offers the team a million dollars to find his son’s murderer.
- They learn more about Reginald’s wife, Petra Sudra-Park, who was murdered under similar and mysterious circumstances when the children were still quite young. Park tells them that the Geuns came with his wife, an arranged marriage, from the ‘old country’ of Yemen. Like Park, the Geuns have not aged a day since he has known them, over thirty years. The Geuns were assigned as protectors for Park’s children, Dan and Brittany, when the children were young. Dan and the Geuns had always seemed to have a good relationship, and had formed a tight bond. He finds it hard to believe that a Geun could have done this.
- Britt Park storms in, quite put out that her father insisted she drop everything to come down to his office. He excuses himself and takes her to the conference room to tell her that her brother has been murdered. Britt storms out in a rage.
- After rejoining the team, Park offers them an additional million dollars to kill those responsible for his son’s murder. He’d like to witness the execution, if possible.
- Over the next two days, the team scrambles to learn more about Spike’s murder.
- Michael does not think Spike is actually dead. He thinks that the Geuns, with their shapeshifting ability, faked the whole thing. But when VanVeen volunteers to look into the matter (after being called in on the case by homicide due the the unusual nature of the perp “turning red and growing horns” – VanVeen is in Special Investigations after all – she calls the team to a small bistro for a late lunch, where she discloses the fact that Dan’s body was indeed still in the morgue, and is very dead. His head was bashed in with great force. Enough for them to cast a mold of the petite hand who’d crushed it. They will be comparing that mold to Eva Dune’s hand, and of course it will be a match.
- Michael gets a call from the team who have been holding and questioning Lil ‘Mo. The former Oak Park Blood gang member has turned state’s evidence against the gang. He has confirmed that he and Night Train sold various drugs, including drug-laced blood from the River Wolves MC, to Charley, manager at Carpe Noctem. It is unclear if Neahr himself was involved, but a DEA investigation is currently underway. Perhaps they will be able to find dirt on Neahr, dirt that Michael and his team can give to the firm that hired them, and put Neahr away for good.
- The team gets a friendly call from the lovely Rose Bellvue, reminding them of Saturday’s reopening party at Count’s Vamp’d, finally ready after the arson.
- 11/29 – Friday night. Alex takes the team outside of town, to a spot along one of the local Ley Lines. She uses her research, creates a secure circle, and summons Balanthe duQuesne, a dreaded Loa with ties to the demonic regions of the Nevernever. She is given seven questions, and learns the following:
- Spike Park’s mother, Petra Surdra-Park was from a long line of matriarchal cultists who worship ancient demons.
- Those demons posed as gods to the Mayans, but were ultimately banished by the White Council of old.
- Petra Surdra-Park’s great grandmother was Veruta Alban-Sudra, a powerful cultist who originally summoned the Geuns. She was later, after giving birth to Petra’s ancestor, turned into a Red Court vampire.
- The Geuns are agents for those terrible demon gods, who, upon the winter solstice hope their ancient plans come to fruition. That the artifact, the stone circle, will be used to open a portal between the Nevernever and our world, that they can walk the earth as gods once more. It is they who got the artifact into the hands of Spike, who then gave it to his lackey Stan the Odiomancer.
- Stan has summoned the slain Geun brother back into our world, and his control over the demon is weak. Perhaps this is why Spike Park was killed, as a warped command gone wrong.
- If given a sympathetic item, such as the fallen Geun’s black glasses, Alex might be able to track not only the re-summoned demon, but his identical brothers as well. If they can track the Geuns, the team hopes to find Stan and put an end to this treat before it comes to fruition.
Thanks for checking us out. Feel free to leave comments and/or questions. I’d be happy to explain things.
*Bonus for writing a short bio
Severe Physical STUCK IN THIS CAST downgraded to
Moderate Physical: Still in recovery: STILL IN A HALF-CAST (ongoing)
: Mild Mental: DARK THOUGHTS as a result of summoning the Loa.
: Moderate Milestone
: Moderate Milestone
: Moderate Milestone
: Moderate Milestone
: Minor Milestone
The Moderate milestone is earned for the discovery of the connection between Spike’s mother, her cultist ancestors, and the South American RC vamps. Also for learning much more about the key lines of power connecting monoliths and pyramids in Russia, Yemen, Egypt and Chichen Itza. Fee earned a Minor because she was only present for one scene.
In-game dates: Monday, November 26th (10 am), through Friday, November 29th (1 am), 2012
- Redd Santiago, the city building inspector who was bribed regarding Carpe Noctem, has been terminated after his extended stay in South America. Also, Michael discovers Peter Swift’s aspect: SAVVY CIVIL SERVANT.
- Spike’s mother, Petra Sudra-Park brought the Geuns with her from Yemen when she married Reginald Park III. There was supposedly only 2 Geun brothers, not three. The third must have been a covert agent for whomever or whatever they worked for. The Geuns were demons, originally summoned by Petra’s great grandmother, back in the ‘old country.’ Veruta Alban-Sutra is (or was) a Red Court vampire cultist with significant (if not major) power. [Most of this information was learned from Alex’s summoned Loa]